Baby Prewitt

*36 weeks*

Sooo much happened this week, 36 weeks!! So few weeks left, and getting so excited!!


Well, here I am, about to run a few quick errands...trying to get a little more use out of my maternity scrub pants before I don't need them anymore!!   :)


Well, this past Thursday (I guess this kind of runs into the last post), I had a HORRIFIC headache that I just couldn't shake. I took Tylenol, put cool rags on my head, walked around...nothing helped. So, I called the nursing supervisor at midnight and called in sick to work for Friday. I felt so awful and laid around all day. I couldn't kick that headache. I rested alot over the weekend and just watched football with my hubby.

Monday I was put on call until noon, and Daryl and I put up Camryn's wall mural (you'll see it in the next post...sooo pretty!). They called me in to work at noon and I worked half the day. Tuesday we stayed home and did a lot of nothing. I worked again Wednesday and just felt really slow. I had a headache again and felt really tired, but I kept on truckin'! Then, come Thursday, here's where it gets interesting...

Thursday morning, Daryl and I got up and went on to our 36week appointment. I got there and felt fine, but when I stepped on the scale just before they hooked me up to the monitor for my NST, I actually gained 6lbs! I thought to myself, 'This cannot be good'. I didn't say anything yet, gave them my urine sample, and sat down for the monitoring. When the nurse took my blood pressure, Daryl's jaw dropped...it read 157/102. I said "That can't be right...check it again in a few minutes". She did, and it read 164/104. I knew that was bad news. The NST went great though, and Cam was super active! Once it was over, we headed over to talk to my doctor...

She came in to talk to me, and her first words were "So we're taking you out of work and putting you on bedrest, girl!" I knew it. I didn't want to go out yet, but I know it's what is best for Camryn and me. (I had trace protein in my urine, high BP, gained alot of weight, and my hands and feet/legs were swollen...also the headaches and nausea...all are signs of preeclampsia.) They checked me and NO PROGRESS...No dilation or effacement and her head is still reallllly high. UGH. I was so frustrated  :( But they then rechecked my BP and it was 128/78. Much better. So, they sent me for PIH labs and I have to do a 24hr urine before my next appt to check me for preeclampsia. Then, home I went. I called my manager and she was very understanding. So, my last day of work was October 13, and I return to work January 7...just very happy that I get to be out with my baby girl and hubby through the whole holiday season! I am so blessed!!

Other notes...I have been very crampy and just keep hoping!! I hope she holds out until full term (next week), then I am READY!! Daryl finished packing for the hospital and her carseat is ready to go in the car! We just cannot wait now :)

Here are week 36's stats...see ya next week...at FULL TERM!! :)


**How far along? 36 down now, 4 or less to go!!

**Total weight gain/loss: +6 lbs... I am showing signs of preeclampsia...ergo, bedrest. Ugh.

**How Big is Baby?  I don't know right now. We'll see next week at our 37wk US...They say ATLEAST 6lbs by now...I think she's bigger!! haha
**Maternity clothes? Good Lord yes. I'm growing out of them through the belly area though. haha

**Stretch marks? <sighs>> It's inevitable... holler at some Mederma post-partum!

**Best moment this week: Hearing her heartbeat again on the NST...that never gets old  :*)

**Movement: Yupp...all the time and I love it!! They're starting to hurt though... feels like she is trying to stretch out and well, there's just not enough room in there. So, I say, if ya come on out baby girl, you can stretch then!! hehe
**Food cravings: Just ICE COLD WATER. Again.

**Nausea/vomitting? Yeah nausea and headaches together  :(

**Gender: BABY GIRL...my Camryn <3

**Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks still... sometimes I think they're actually contractions, but not regular.

**Belly Button in or out? It's an inny-outty now...depending on what she's doing in there!
**Sleep: Up every 2hours (or more) to go pee... I can't sleep for more than 2hrs on one side or it gets stiff and I hurt really bad. Also, I wake up and my fingers hurt sooo bad. I have pregnancy carpal tunnel  :(