Baby Prewitt

*Weeks 9-10*


Weeks 9-10 were SOOO exciting!! I had my first prenatal appt at 9 weeks, which was my nurse appt. The nurse did a thorough family history and I had blood drawn and gave a urine specimen. My BP was 122/82, which is pretty good for me! The nurse told me "Wow, your blood pressure is very high". I just started laughing. HaHa. Daryl waited for me in the waiting room b/c he wasn't allowed back while she went over questions with me. They gave me a nice Pregnancy book and a lot of information about Virginia Baptist Hospital, where I will be having our baby. Next week is our first US!!


At 10 weeks, we had our first prenatal appt with our OB-GYN! She is so awesome...Dr. Schindler at Women's Health Care Services of VA. I had my annual pap and everything was great. Have gained appx 5-6lbs. BP was high but I was soooo nervous: 140/80. Oopsie! Daryl was a tid uneasy with all of it hehe. Then, she got the wand and did the internal US...

Bum, Bum, Bum, Bum....HeartBeat 160 bpm! Daryl said, "Is that my baby's heartbeat!?" The MD said, "Yes it is! Very strong!" And then we saw the little sugar pie...sitting up on the side, as you can see in the picture. Then, he/she started "swimming", doing a little dance for us! We were over the moon!! Next appt: May 25th. I have to do a 24 hr urine test before that appt due to my Blood Pressure. We went and got me some "bigger" clothes, but no maternity clothes yet!!

The rest of week 10, was pretty good. Nausea is getting better. Daryl went to the doctor and began medicine to help him quit smoking! I am so proud and happy, and relieved! He wants to be smoke-free when our baby arrives!!

Cravings: FRUIT!, ice cream
No-No's: WINGS