Baby Prewitt

*Camryn's First Week*

Here is the adventure of our first week at home...

The day we got home, we settled in and tried to become accustomed to our new life!! We loveee this baby girl!!

The first night was interesting...she did not want to sleep! We changed her, fed her, rocked her, changed her, fed her. It was trying. She finally went down well at about 3am and we slept for just a few hours. I got up at 6am and made a HUGE pot of coffee for Daryl and me and we just hung out all day, mainly in our room, with Camryn, trying to get used to home life with her! I was loving it!

Thursday night was pretty hard. We were still tired from the night before and Camryn wouldn't sleep well either. We discovered that she's a pretty gassy baby and does NOT like to be wet. AT ALL. I helped her poop a little by a rectal temp, but we still barely got 5hrs of sleep that night. I was still pretty sore at this point, so I was trying to take it easy...easier said than done!

Friday was her newborn follow up appt. We took her to Dr. Dionisio in Farmville and she has gained back 4 out of 7oz that she lost at the hospital. Her color is a little jaundiced looking, so we have another appt for her on Tues, November 8 to just be sure she is doing well. The doctor told us to give 1 tsp Karo Syrup in each bottle for Camryn to help her have stools. So, we were going to try that. She then had newborn photos...which are going to be GORGEOUS. She is such a pretty baby and her skin is beautiful. I love chubby cheeks!! I began to get pretty tired and sore pretty quick so we headed back home and napped! Needless to say she slept very well Friday night, and we did too!

Saturday we had some friends visit, Tim and Steph. Steph fell in love with Cam :)  It's hard not to, with the little snuggle bug that she is! Then late Saturday night, when Daryl was feeding her, she had a HUGE blowout diaper. haha. He looked at me with huge eyes and said "Uhhmmm what was that??" HaHa. That was a two-person changing job! So funny. She didn't sleep as good that night, but I think her tummy was gurgling. Poor baby.

Sunday was mom's birthday, so her and dad came over and we had steaks on the grill. Dad kept Cam awake and talked to her alot, then we bathed her and fed her and put her down and she slept great!!

<<I have been debating for the past week over breastfeeding, bottle feeding, pumping, all three...my mind changes daily. I would love to be nursing her strictly, but after I do, everytime, she gets fussy and turns red and then screams! I feel like it's hard on her, and with formula, she does great. I am so up in the air about it. Plus, Daryl loves feeding her and holding her. So, for now, we are doing a little bit of everything to see what works. I obviously only want what is best for her, so I will do what needs to be done to make her feel good.>>

Then, here we are at Monday, November 7th...

 HAPPY ONE WEEK BABY GIRL!! What did we ever do without you?!